- Carol D. Berkowitz, MD, FAAP
The new 4th edition ofBerkowitz’s Pediatrics: A Primary Care Approach is custom-built for efficient primary care problem-solving. It providesconcise, practice-oriented guidance on all the most common issues — both clinical and psychosocial — you’re likely to encounter. Here’s hands-on help on topics ranging from temper tantrums and thumb-sucking to childhood cancer, kidney disease, and diabetes.
Each clinical chapter reviews pertinent epidemiology and pathophysiology, then gives you clear, concise guidelines on what symptoms to look for, what alternative diagnoses to consider, what tests to order, and how to manage your patient.
Updated edition features 13 all-new chapters including:
- Global Health
- Cultural Considerations and Competence
- Pediatric Pain and Symptom Management
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Pediatric Radiology
- Principles of Pediatric Surgery
- Quality Improvement
- Caring for Immigrant Children and Their Families
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Interpersonal Violence
- Palliative Care
- Emerging Infections