- David G. Nichols, MD, Mary Wallace Stanton Professor of Education and Vice Dean for Education, Dean’s Office, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine; Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland;
- Myron Yaster, MD, Richard J. Traystman Distinguished Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine, and Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland;
- Charles N. Paidas, MD, Professor of Surgery & Pediatrics, Chief of Surgery, Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education, Executive Associate Dean for Clinical and Extramural Affairs, University of South Florida Health, College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
- Charles Schleien, MD, MBA, Executive Vice Chairman, Professor of Pediatrics & Anesthesiology, Columbia University, New York, New York
“Highly Commended,” Paediatrics Category, British Medical Association 2012 Medical Book Competition
New to This Edition
- Prepare for a broad range of emergency situations with new chapters on General Surgical Emergencies; Asthma; Acute Renal Failure; Diabetic Ketoacidosis; Gastrointestinal Emergencies; Liver Failure; Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies; Hypo/Hyperthermia; and Terrorism and Mass Casualty.
- Solve more clinical challenges with new and expanded material, including spinal cord trauma, and additional focus on the hot topic of pain and sedation.
- Get expert visual guidance with additional illustrations to supplement the comprehensive coverage.
Find what you need quickly when performing emergency techniques such as cardioversion/defibrillation with a step-by-step, outline format that includes numerous algorithms, tables, and figures.