- Sally Pairman, DMid, MA, BA, RM, RGON, Head of School, School of Midwifery and Group Manager Health, Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand; Chair of Midwifery Council of New Zealand;
- Sally K. Tracy, DMid, MA, BNurs, ADN, RM, RGON, Associate Professor, Midwifery Practice Development, Northern Sydney and Central Coast Area Health Service and University of Technology, Sydney; Conjoint Associate Professor, University of New South Wales, Sydney; Post-doctoral Research Fellow HERON Project, National Perinatal Statistics Unit, University of New South Wales, Sydney;
- Carol Thorogood, PhD, MPhil, BAppSc Psych, PGradDipArts, DipEdRN, RM, FACMI, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Postgraduate Medicine; Coordinator Midwifery Studies, Edith Cowan University, Perth
- Jan Pincombe, PhD, MAppSc, PGradDipEd, BA, RM, RN, RIN, FACMI, Professor of Midwifery, Program Director, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia, Adelaide
Midwifery: Preparation for Practice focuses on placing the woman and midwife at the center of care, in line with the philosophy, education and practice standards set by the Australian College of Midwives and the New Zealand College of Midwives. It reflects the socio-political contexts in which students in the two countries practice.
- Presents unique philosophy and woman-centered approach in line with the standards set by the ACNM and NZCM
- Key contributors from Australia and New Zealand
- Key terms, Chapter Overview, Learning Outcomes and Review Questions included in every chapter.
- Reflective exercises, Critical thinking exercises and Clinical Scenarios to encourage active student learning
New to This Edition
- 2 new Indigenous chapters highlight key health aspects relevant for Midwives working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and Maori women
- New chapter on Perineal care and repair
- Increased coverage of anatomy and physiology
- Instructor and Student resources on Evolve with a focus on critical thinking – Weblinks, interactive case studies, PowerPoints, additional exercises with questions and answers