- Cath Harrison, Consultant in Neonatal Medicine, Clinical Effectiveness Lead, Yorkshire Neonatal Network, Neonatal Unit, St James’s University Hosptial, Leeds, UK
- Alan Gibson, Director of Neonatal Services, Jessop Wing, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK
A problem-based book on neonatology that covers commonly encountered clinical cases and discusses each one in a standard question-based format covering investigation results (e.g. blood gases, X-rays, head scans, electrolytes) with detailed answers. The focus is on common clinical problems, described as they are likely to present themselves to the inexperienced trainee doctor. Assessment and management is clearly covered, as are antenatal disorders and counselling.
- each chapter provides succinct overview of topic
- cases are discussed in relation to key investigations and their results
- essential revision text for trainee exams including MRCPCH