- Janet M. Rennie, MA, MD, FRCP, FRCPCH, DCH, Consultant and Senior Lecturer in Neonatal Medicine, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Obstetric Hospital, University College London Hospitals, London, UK
Thoroughly revised and updated, the New Edition of this definitive text explains how to care for neonates using the very latest methods. Of diagnosis and treatment.Rennie & Roberton’s Textbook of Neonatology, 5th Edition represents the state-of-the-art on neonatal care, providing not only detailed pathophysiology and clinical chapters on every condition of the neonate but also comprehensive chapters on the psychosocial aspects of neonatology, such as handling perinatal death and ethical and legal aspects of neonatal care. Contributions from Fetal Medicine experts and Obstetricians provide valuable peripheral information essential to the practice of neonatology.Rennie & Roberton’s Textbook of Neonatology, 5th Edition is the gold standard for neonatal care and will be an invaluable tool for everyone involved in the care of the neonate. It serves as an authoritative reference for practitioners, a valuable preparation tool for neonatal certification exams, and a useful resource for the entire neonatal care team
New to This Edition
- Improved illustration program throughout –color figures, line drawings. Will facilitate quick review and enhance comprehension.
- Major changes have been made to the chapters on genomics, screening,and a range of neurologic, respiratory and cardiovascular disorders including: resuscitation and ventilation, chronic lung disease, periventricular leucomalcia.This book continues to provide the user with the latest clinically relevant applications in diagnosis and management to enable user to derive appropriate differential diagnosis and management plans.
- Latest advances in imaging techniques included (CT, cranial ultrasonography, MRI. There has been tremendous growth in the pace of development and refinement of imaging techniques. This book will ensure that the user if fully aware of their clinical applications.
- Incorporates the latest guidelines on clinical governance (as recommended by RCPCH).Helps ensure implementation of appropriate management plans.
- Selected “key” references now included at end of each chapter. Experts carefully select the most important articles for further reading to facilitate further understanding/research