- Denise Tiran, MSc, PGCEA, RM, RGN, ADM, Director, Expectancy Ltd, UK; Honorary Lecturer, University of Greenwich, Greenwich, UK
Reflexology in Pregnancy and Childbirth is a definitive text on the safe and appropriate use of reflex zone therapy in pregnancy, labour and the puerperium, focusing on evidence-based practice, professional accountability and application of a comprehensive knowledge of the therapy related to reproductive physiology.
Denise Tiran, an experienced midwife, reflex zone therapist, university lecturer and Director of Expectancy – the Expectant Parents’ Complementary Therapies Consultancy – has an international reputation in the field of maternity complementary therapies, has researched and written extensively on reflexology, and has treated nearly 5000 pregnant women with structural reflex zone therapy.
- Case histories to ease application of theory to practice
- Charts, tables and diagrams are used throughout for ease of learning
- Includes a section on conception, infertility and sub-fertility
- Covers legalities and ethical issues.
- Fully evidence-based
- Focuses on safety
- Includes Case histories to illustrate points discussed in the text
- Charts, Tables and diagrams used throughout for ease of learning
- Relevant anatomy, physiology and conventional care covered
- Section on conception, infertility and sub-fertility
- Legalities and ethical issues
- Professional accountability