- Helen Baston, BA(Hons), MMedSci, PhD, PGDipEd, ADM, RN, RM, Lead Midwife for Education; Supervisor of Midwives, Mother & Infant Research Unit, Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York, UK;
- Jennifer Hall, MSc, ADM, PGDip(HE), RN, RM, Senior Lecturer in Midwifery, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK; Clinical Editor, The Practising Midwife
‘Postnatal’ is the fourth title in the Midwifery Essentials series and explores contemporary postnatal care for women and their families, exploring the role of the midwife as a member of the multi-professional team. This book thoroughly prepares the reader to provide safe, evidence-based, woman-centred postnatal care for mothers and their babies.
- The postnatal examination of the woman, and the baby check
- Care of the baby in the immediate postnatal period
- The features of the normal neonate
- The newborn clinical examination
- Hospital postnatal care and caesarean section
- The role of the community midwife and emotional wellbeing
- Postnatal fertility control
- Issues involved in supporting the woman to feed her baby.