- Edward Alan Glasper, PhD, BA, RSCN, RGN, ONC, DN, CertEd, RNT, Professor (Child Health Nursing), University of Southampton School of Nursing and Midwifery, Southampton, UK
- James Richardson, Phd, BA, RGN, RSCN, PGCE, Principal Lecturer (Child Health Nursing), University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, UK
This popular textbook is aimed at children’s nurses in a wide range of practice settings including primary, ambulatory, and tertiary care. Covering the full age and specialty spectrum this text brings together chapters from among the best-known children’s nurses in the UK. It describes family-centred child healthcare drawing upon practice throughout the UK and further afield.
This innovative text provides up to date information on a wide range of topics. Each chapter offers readers additional material on Evolve. Full Microsoft PowerPoint presentations that facilitate interactive learning augment the written chapters and provide information not normally possible in a standard textbook e.g. colour photographs, video clips.
Although intended for nurses the book adopts an interprofessional, problem-solving and reflective approach aimed at students, practitioners and child health educators. Material is offered from levels 1-3 and some of the ancillary material extends into the postgraduate arena.
- On-line material augments the written chapters and facilitates interactive learning through the use of PowerPoint presentations. These provide extra information not possible in the book such as colour photos, video clips, activities and case studies.
- Aims, objectives, learning outcomes, and a summary box in each chapter enable readers to demonstrate that they have achieved that which is intended.
- Key points assist learning and understanding
- Professional conversation boxes enliven the text and make it more interesting to dip into
- Suggestions for seminar discussion topics to help teachers.
- Client scenarios help to relate theory to practice
- Prompts promote reflective practice
- Activity boxes/suggested visits amplify the text
- Evidence based practice boxes with key research studies, annotated bibliography boxes including details of web-sites where full papers may be found, and full contemporary references give the evidence base
- Resource lists, including recommended web-site addresses, enable further study or research
New to This Edition
- New chapter on blood disorders of childhood.
- New material on caring for young people and transitions in care.
- More on childhood eczema, childhood and adolescent mental health, solid tumours of childhood.