by Rhonda Nay, Sally Garratt
This edition captures the underlying new approach in patient centred care and thinking from a multidisciplinary perspective. It highlights the most recent ideas and experiences of policy analysts, nurses, doctors, allied health professionals and the consumer experience from both Australia and Internationally. Contemporary research compliments the vignettes of practice and in conjunction with accompanying ‘video’ clips serve to capture the realities of caring for older people in our society.
- Change in focus of health care system with the patient centered care taking precedence and this new philosophy is incorporated into the third edition
- Key focus on issues and innovations in aged care, with evidence-based examples and clinical vignettes included throughout the new edition
- Cases are incorporated into each chapter to re-enforce and highlight many issues faced by nurses and health care workers in aged care
- Written by experts in the field of aged care
- Accompanying DVD, provides video clips of interviews with health practitioners and it highlights innovations to health care demands; issues such as dementia and broader aging issues. These serve to re-enforce the underpinning interdisciplinary and innovative approach of the third edition.
- An Evolve ebooks will be available of this title
This text reflects new thinking in care; include the ideas and experiences of policy analysts, nurses, doctors, allied health professionals and the consumer experience mainly from Australia but with international contributions and be based on contemporary research. It will also point readers to ‘the evidence’ where it exists, and include vignettes of practice and ‘video’ clips where appropriate.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!