by Barton D. Schmitt
Inside this handy on-the-spot guide, you’ll find the step-by-step protocols needed for effective telephone triage of common pediatric symptoms.
Presented logically in algorithmic format, each protocol lists the questions to ask callers when evaluating the urgency of their problem, and shows you how to differentiate cases requiring emergency intervention from those better addressed through an office visit or home care. You’ll also find first-aid and home care instructions for parents and tips on alerting parents to potential complications warranting a call back.
In telephone triage, accuracy counts…be sure you ask the right questions.
- Logical organization takes you from the basics of telephone triage to specific guidance on handling medical emergencies, trauma, newborn or infant issues, and symptoms of both mild and severe illness.
- Detailed protocols show you what questions to ask callers, helping you elicit the clinically essential information needed to make an accurate and rapid assessment.
- Thoroughly updated content assures you of the most current and accurate telephone triage advice.
- Spiral-bound format ensures you never lose your place—perfect for on-the-spot consultation.
Let this resource help you…
- Prevent delayed recognition of potentially emergent pediatric conditions.
- Help callers avoid the inconvenience and expense of unneeded office visits.
- Guide callers in the use of home remedies and non-prescription drugs for non-emergency cases.
The call comes in—a child is in medical distress…Get the telephone triage advice you need to make a quick and accurate assessment. Order your copy of Pediatric Telephone Advice, Third Edition today!
The book contains no figures.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!