Practicing as a midwife today requires not only good clinical skills but also a broad understanding of the social and emotional changes a woman experiences before and after birth. This book combines scientific knowledge with the more intangible skills needed for sensitive communication to provide the best possible care to the mother and her family. The second edition of this celebrated text vividly explores the various skills and approaches that lead to successful midwifery practice and uses care stories to bring these to life.
- Provides a refreshingly new approach to key areas of midwifery practice in a way that brings practice to life.
- Illustrates and supports the fundamental changes currently taking place in midwifery around the world.
- Builds on the most up-to-date, evidence-based research to suggest guidelines for best practices.
- Explores the impact of parenthood and offers strategies for effectively supporting individuals during this period of transition.
- Includes “care stories” – case studies that highlight positive midwifery care and successful childbirth experiences.
- Offers contrasting stories from around the world, illustrating how maternity care in industrialized society differs from that in a non-industrial or third world environment.
- Provides up-to-date research and reference material.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!