by Robin S. Warekois, Richard Robinson
This full-color, how-to text covers all aspects of phlebotomy, with complete coverage of equipment, safety procedures, arterial blood gases, point of care testing, and a special emphasis on practical phlebotomy skills. Procedures are outlined in a detailed storyboard format, pairing each step with a full-color photo to help students understand the equipment and techniques of routine venipuncture, butterfly venipuncture, skin punctures, and more. Includes workbook sections for review, study questions, competency checklists, and a revised mock certification exam.
• Extensive review materials, or “workbook sections,” are provided within the text.
• Study Questions, as well as Certification Exam Preparation questions, are provided at the end of each chapter.
• Provides new photos of procedures and equipment.
• Reviews and updates all safety-related information and procedures.
• Adds in-depth discussion of phlebotomy in special populations.
• Updates and expands discussion of HIPAA confidentiality issues.
• Revises and updates certification exam review questions, as well as the mock certification exam.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!