by Mike Walsh, Alison Crumbie, Anna Walsh (Editor), Angela McKeane (Editor)
Previous editions of this popular textbook have provided nursing students with the comprehensive guide they need to a wide range of clinical nursing issues. This edition continues to provide this comprehensive support, but also reflects the changing context of nursing care in the 21st century. It reflects the growing importance of primary health and the community, the move towards evidence-based practice and the importance of the multi-disciplinary team. The text is designed to emphasise the importance of holistic, patient-focussed nursing. It addresses health assessment and introduces students to key aspects of the medical history and physical exam. Contemporary issues such as substance misuse are also examined.
Clearly written and well-organised to support study, the text also features case studies, critical incidents and care plans. The chapters include extensive 2-colour artwork and are supported by current references and suggestions for further reading. Electronic ancillary material is available at evolve.elsevier.com/Walsh/Watsons/
- Comprehensive, nursing focussed textbook
- Emphasis on holistic nursing care rather than bio-medical approach
- Includes material on all major client groups including children, older people, and mental health clients.
- Reflects hospital and community aspects of nursing care for major disorders
- Case studies and care plans included
- Well-designed in two colours and easy to use
- Each ‘disorder’ chapter features key themes of psychological and social dimensions of care; involving family; discharge planning; requirements for care after discharge; nursing care within the context of the multi-disciplinary team; evidence-based practice
Supplementary electronic ancillaries on Evolve: narrated Powerpoint presentations and related case studies.
A new chapter on non-medical prescribing and principles of safe practice.
An updated edition of the Watson’s Clinical nursing pocket book prepared specifically for this edition
British orientation; incl. mental health, aging & health, learning disabled, children & family, cancer patient
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!