by David Gregory
Prepare your baccalaureate nursing students for the realities of effective nursing practice in the 21st century withFundamentals: Perspectives on the Art and Science of Canadian Nursing. Developed by talented Canadian nurses, scholars, educators, and students who share a passion for nursing and nursing education, this newly developed text covers nursing fundamentals, new and ongoing developments in the working environments of Canadian nurses , key skills and elements of practice, and the multifaceted role of today’s Canadian nurse.
Students not only learn nursing fundamentals (knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes), but they also develop an understanding of the place of nursing in Canadian society. Approaching nursing in Canada from a variety of perspectives, the book covers a wide range of topics including historical aspects of nursing in Canada, teaching and learning, nursing skills, communication, medication administration, patient safely, nursing research, and cultural considerations, developmental need. In addition, the book is accompanied by a wide range of online teaching and learning resources that save you time and help your students succeed.
- PowerPoint presentations assist you in integrating the textbook with your students’ classroom experience, via either handouts or slide shows.
- A robust test generator of NCLEX-style questions makes it easy for you to put together tests to assess your students’ understanding.
- Learning Objectives for each chapter provide a valuable checklist for assessing student mastery of key content.
- Answers to Questions in the Book are provided for your convenience.
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- Journal Articles offer access to research available in LWW journals.
- Skills Checklists help you evaluate your students’ mastery of skills.
- Watch & View Video Clips reinforce skills from the textbook and appeal to visual and auditory learners.
- Practice & Learn Activities present case scenarios with interactive exercises and questions to help students apply what they have learned.
- Concepts in Action Animations bring concepts to life and enhance student comprehension.
- Learning Objectives for each chapter provide an outline of key content that must be mastered.
- Skills Checklists help students evaluate their mastery of skills.
- Journal Articles offer access to current research available in LWW journals.
- Web Resources direct students to excellent sources of additional
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!