- Sarita Bajaj MD DM
- Rajesh Rajput MD DM (Endocrinology) FICP FIACM FIMSA
- Jubbin J Jacob MD DNB
This book has tried to cover a broad base of scientific knowledge and clinical expertise in an integrated way that aims to be accessible to the non-specialist. This edition has a total of 15 chapters, including endocrine physiology and iodine nutrition in normal pregnancy. All endocrine glands-related disorders in relation to pregnancy are covered. Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and pregnancy, obesity and pregnancy, and endocrinology of hyperemesis gravidarum have been discussed in detail. Longterm outcomes of pregnancy on the fetus and fetal programming is appropriate for concluding the title. Every chapter has been written to ensure that it reflects the cutting edge of medical knowledge and practice, pitched at a level of detail to meet the needs of practising physicians.
* Enhances understanding fo the pathophysiological process and fundamental mechanisms underlying the various disease processes.
* Thyroid disorders and role of iodine during pregnancy is wel lemphasized. Parathyroid and bone disorders during pregnancy, and the enigma of vitamin D is appropriately brought out
* Challenges in diagnosis and management of pituitary and adrenal disorders are discussed.
* Separate discussions on GDM, PCOS, and obesity in pregnancy have also been made.
* Exciting evidence has been put forth favoring the relationship between fetal origins and the epidemic of noncommunicatble disease.
Serves the purpose of a quick reference both for learning as well as delivering evidence-based clinical care, which is easy to read with a beautifully illustrated text.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!