- Mark D. Walters, MD, Vice-Chairman and Head, Section of General Gynecology and Urogynecology/Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA;
- Mickey M. Karram, MD, Director of Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Director and Founder of the Fellowship Training Program in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, this newly revised book is your comprehensive guide to all areas of urogynecology, including urinary and fecal incontinence, urodynamic testing, management of genuine stress incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, overactive bladder, and much more. Uniquely organized to reflect a physician’s decision-making process, this practical, clinically oriented text moves from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. Inside, you’ll find evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, along with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, and clear surgical illustrations. Exclusive to the third edition is a section addressing painful and irritative voiding disorders, including overactive bladder, as well as 20 new case presentations that offer opinions from the leading experts in urogynecology and urology.
New to This Edition
- Contains a new section on painful and irritative voiding disorders, including a discussion of overactive bladder and the latest treatment options available.
- Discusses urodynamics and the most up-to-date testing available for urethral sphincteric function.
- Features 20 all new case presentations with expert commentary.
- Features step-by-step instructions for urodynamic testing.
- Addresses all urogynecologic disorders, including genuine stress incontinence · pelvic organ prolapse · defecation disorders · painful and irritative voiding disorders · and specific conditions such as urinary tract infection.
- Presents vital information on urethral injections, covering the newest treatment options available.
- Examines the use of autologous materials and mesh in reconstructive pelvic surgery.
- Uses over 300 crisp illustrations to illuminate every detail.