- Thomas F. Baskett, MB, BCh, BAO, FRCS(C), FRCS(Ed), FRCOG, FACOG, DHMSA, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Andrew A. Calder, MB, ChB, MD, FRCS(Ed), FRCP(Glas), FRCP(Ed), FRCOG, HonFCOG(SA), Professor and Head, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Sabaratnam Arulkumaran, MBBS MD PhD FRCS(Ed) FRCOG FACOG HonFCOG(SA), Professor and Academic Head, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George’s University Medical School, London, UK
A highly illustrated, practical book covering the obstetric and surgical procedures used in intrapartum care, including commonly used procedures such as assisted vaginal delivery (forceps and vacuum delivery) and more rare techniques such as major vessel ligation and embolization and internal podalic version. The authors take a step-by-step approach to each technique and includes ‘tips’ and ‘pointers’ that only an experienced obstetrician would be able to describe. The book is enlivened by the inclusion of short, relevant ‘historical highlights’- readers should find these enlightening and entertaining, providing a link with the original Munro Kerr text.
New to This Edition
- Completely re-written from the 10th edition – new authors, new, crisp approach, using short paragraphs and bullet points
- Over 150 line drawings and black and white clinical photos
- 10-20 photos to show actual soft-tissue structures
- Focuses on the intrapartum aspects of obstetric practice – the focus of medico-legal and clinical audit attention
- Highly illustrated to show techniques in detail
- Offers tips and advice to the trainee
- Emphasis on practical matters – a step-by-step approach
- Includes historical boxes to enliven and entertain
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!