- Linda D. Urden, DNSc, RN, CNS, NE-BC, FAAN, Professor and Coordinator, Executive Nurse Leader Graduate Program. University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
- Kathleen M. Stacy, PhD(c), RN, CNS, CCRN, PCCN, CCNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist–Intermediate Care Unit, Palomar Medical Center, Escondido, CA; Adjunct Faculty Member, School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, USA
- Mary E. Lough, PhD(c), RN, CNS, CCRN, CNRN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Medical/Surgical/Neuroscience/Trauma ICU, Stanford University Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA; Clinical Professor, Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Priorities in Critical Care Nursing, 6th Edition is the perfect companion to any critical care course with its succinct coverage of all core critical care nursing topics. Using the latest, most authoritative research, this evidence-based resource helps you identify priorities to accurately and effectively manage patient care. Updated content spans the areas of medication, patient safety, patient education, nursing diagnosis, and collaborative management to fully prepare you for success in all aspects of critical care nursing.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Case studies with critical thinking questions test your understanding of key concepts and their practical applications.
- NEW! Priority Medication boxes give you a foundation in the pharmacology used most in critical care.
- UPDATED! New information on the management of the alcoholic patient and disorders resulting from alcoholism is added to chapter nine.
- Evidence-based approach offers the most accurate and timely patient care recommendations based on the latest and most authoritative research, meta-analyses, and systematic reviews available.
- Patient Safety Priorities boxes in each therapeutic management chapter highlight important patient safety considerations.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Diagnosis Priorities boxes list the most urgent potential nursing diagnoses, with a page reference to the corresponding Nursing Management Plan.
- Nursing Management Plans provide you with a complete care plan for every Priority Diagnosis that includes the diagnosis, definition, defining characteristics, outcome criteria, nursing interventions, and rationales.
- Evidence-Based Collaborative Practice boxes summarize evidence-based recommendations for a variety of therapies.
- Collaborative Management boxes guide you through the management of a wide variety of disorders.
- Patient Education boxes list the concepts that must be taught to the patient and the family before discharge from the ICU.
- Concept maps help you understand common critical health conditions, including acute coronary syndrome, acute renal failure, ischemic stroke, and shock.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!