- JoAnn Zerwekh, MSN, EdD, RN, President/CEO, Nursing Education Consultants, Chandler, AZ; Nursing Faculty – Online Campus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Ashley Zerwekh Garneau, MS, RN, Nursing Faculty GateWay Community College Phoenix, Arizona
Popular with nursing students for its humorous cartoons and easy-to-read style, Nursing Today: Transition and Trends, 8th Edition helps you make a successful transition from student to practicing nurse. It covers the profession’s leading issues and opportunities, ensuring that you graduate not only with patient care skills, but also with career development skills such as resume writing, finding a job, and effective interviewing. Study questions and test-taking tips prepare you for the NCLEX-RN® exam, and discussions of communication and management prepare you to succeed in the workplace. Well-known educators JoAnn Zerwekh and Ashley Zerwekh Garneau provide the latest information on nursing issues and trends including health care reform, patient safety, and patterns of nursing care delivery.
New to This Edition
- NEW Prepare for the NCLEX with updated content in the NCLEX-RN Examination and the New Graduate chapter.
- NEW! Highlighted QSEN competencies relate to effective communication, team building, evidence-based practice, patient safety, and quality assurance.
- NEW section on community health nursing helps you find employment in this growing area.
- UPDATED content on externships discusses preceptorships as a capstone course versus a formalized preceptorship or externship in which a student is employed by a healthcare facility, as well as the advantages of and tips for getting a nurse externship while in nursing school.
- UPDATED coverage of the role of Nursing includes changes related to the BSN in 10 campaign and how these might affect entry into practice, as well as differentiated nursing practice models.
- NEW Relevant Websites and Online Resources boxes at the end of chapters provide links for further research and study.
- NEW Research for Best Practice boxes focus on the research evidence that supports clinical practice.
- An emphasis on making the transition into the workplace is included in chapters such as NCLEX-RN® and the New Graduate, Employment Considerations: Opportunities, Resumes, and Interviewing, and Mentorship, Preceptorship, and Nurse Residency Programs.
- Coverage of QSEN and patient safety includes Quality and Safety Education for Nurses, National Patient Safety Foundation, and Institute of Medicine competencies related to patient safety, and addresses communication among health care providers, quality improvement, and guidelines from The Joint Commission.
- Coverage of evidence-based practice includes management protocols and interventions used as the basis for clinical outcomes.
- Coverage of nursing informatics helps you use technology, access information, and evaluate content to provide quality patient care – and includes a discussion of the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Coverage of health care reform includes the Affordable Care Act of 2010 and the new Patient Bill of Rights as they apply to health care delivery and costs.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website include case studies for every chapter, NCLEX-RN® review questions, NCLEX-RN exam-style questions, memory notecards, and resume templates for creating professional resumes and cover letters.
- Thorough coverage includes all of the most important issues faced by the new nurse, preparing you to succeed in a professional nursing career.
- Critical Thinking boxes offer questions and exercises asking you to apply what you have learned to clinical practice.
- An engaging approach features lively cartoons, chapter objectives, bibliographies, and colorful summary boxes.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!