- Sue Moorhead, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, Director of Center for Nursing Classification and Clinical Effectiveness, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA;
- Marion Johnson, PhD, RN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA;
- Meridean L. Maas, PhD, RN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Elizabeth Swanson, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Promoting safe and effective nursing care, Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC), 5th Edition standardizes the terminology and criteria needed to measure and evaluate outcomes that result from nursing interventions. Nearly 500 research-based nursing outcome labels – including 107 that are NEW to this edition – help to standardize expected patient outcomes. Specific indicators make it easier to evaluate and rate the patient in relation to outcome achievement. Written by an expert author team led by Sue Moorhead, this book is ideal for practicing nurses, students, educators, researchers, and administrators seeking to improve cost containment and patient outcomes.
New to This Edition
- 107 NEW outcome labels allow you to better define patient outcomes that are responsive to nursing care.
- NEW! Health Management class added to the NOC taxonomy includes outcomes that describe the individual’s role in the management of an acute or chronic condition.
- 490 research-based nursing outcome labels promote standardization of expected patient outcomes.
- Definitions, lists of indicators, publication facts lines, and references provide all of the information you need to understand outcomes.
- A label name, definition, set of indications, 5 point Likert measurement scale, a publication facts line, and selected references are presented for each outcomes.
- Linkages between NOC outcomes and 2012-2014 NANDA-I Diagnoses and Functional Health Patterns promote clinical decision-making.
- Core outcomes are included for specialty practice across care settings.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!