- Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk, RNC, PhD, FAAN, Clinical Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
- Shannon E. Perry, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
- Mary Catherine Cashion, RN, BC, MSN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
Designed to meet the needs of today’s students, Lowdermilk’s Maternity Nursing, 8th Edition – Revised Reprint addresses the fundamentals of maternity nursing with a concise, focused presentation of the care of women during the childbearing years. Integrating considerations for family, culture, and health promotion into the continuum of care, it also addresses community-based care to emphasize that nursing care takes place in many settings. Maternity Nursing focuses on childbearing issues and concerns, including care of the newborn, as well as wellness promotion and management of common women’s health problems.
New to This Edition
- NEW! A helpful appendix identifies text content that reflects the QSEN competencies – patient-centered care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety, and informatics – to assist you in developing competencies to provide safe and effective nursing care.
- NEW! Focus on the family recognizes the nurse’s need to integrate the family in the care of the mother and newborn and the importance of the role of the mother to the wellbeing of the family.
- NEW! Content updates throughout, including information on the late preterm infant and associated concerns such as feeding; guidelines on prioritization and delegation where relevant; and centering pregnancy, a new model of health care that brings women together in groups for their care.
- NEW! Evidence-based practice content focuses your attention on how to use current research to improve patient outcomes.
- NEW! Improved readability helps you learn more efficiently with shorter, more focused content discussions.
- NEW! 21st Century Maternity Nursing: Culturally Competent, Community Focused chapter combines introductory material, culture, and community into one chapter to help you focus on key content and concepts.
- NEW! Streamlined content highlights the most essential, need-to-know information.
- Critical thinking exercises present case studies of real-life situations and corresponding critical thinking questions to help you develop your analytical skills.
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!