- AAP Committee on Nutrition
- Ronald E. Kleinman, MD, FAAP
- Frank R. Greer, MD, FAAP
Prepared by the AAP Committee on Nutrition with contributions from more than 100 experienced practitioners, the new 7th edition puts today’s most current nutrition-related information at your fingertips.
The new 7th edition provides the latest information about nutrient metabolism and nutrition to support the normal development and health of infants and children who are well, those born with congenital anomalies or disorders of metabolism, and those with acute and chronic illnesses.
- The latest evidence-based guidelines on feeding healthy infants and children
- Current policies and practice recommendations from the AAP Committee on Nutrition
- Several new chapters and appendices have been added, including chapters on school and daycare nutrition; gene and nutrient interaction; and metabolic programming.
- Recent advances and developments on topics that arise frequently in pediatric practice: breastfeeding, fast foods, vegetarian diets, persistent newborn diarrhea, preterm infant nutrition needs, chronic obesity, vitamin supplementation, and more
- Appendices of more than 50 tables including dietary allowances, energy requirements, composition of human milk and infant formulas, MyPlate, and more
- More than 20 growth charts for very low and low birth weights; full-term infants, children, and adolescents; down syndrome; and more
- Updated listings of resources for you and your patients, including printed materials, government agencies and Web sites
Note: Only Platinum member can download this ebook. Learn more here!