- Ash Monga BMed (Sci) BM BS MRCOG , Consultant Gynaecologist, Princess Anne Hospital, , Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, , Southampton, UK
- Stephen Dobbs MD FRCOG, Consultant Gynaecologist Oncologist, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast Trust,, Belfast, UK
First published in 1919 as ‘Diseases of Women’, Gynaecology by Ten Teachers is well established as a concise, yet comprehensive, guide within its field. The nineteenth edition has been thoroughly updated, integrating clinical material with the latest scientific advances.
With an additional editor and new contributing authors, the new edition combines authoritative detail while signposting essential knowledge. Retaining the favoured textual features of preceding editions, each chapter is highly structured, with overviews, definitions, aetiology, clinical features, investigation, treatments, key points and additional reading where appropriate.
Together with its companion Obstetrics by Ten Teachers, the volume has been edited carefully to ensure consistency of structure, style and level of detail, as well as avoiding overlap of material.
For almost a century the ‘Ten Teachers’ titles have together found favour with students, lecturers and practitioners alike. The nineteenth editions continue to provide an accessible ‘one stop shop’ in obstetrics and gynaeology for a new generation of doctors.
- Fully revised – some chapters completely rewritten by brand-new authors
- Plentiful illustrations – text supported and enhanced throughout by colour line diagrams and photographs
- Clear and accessible – helpful features include overviews, key points and summaries
- Illustrative case histories – engage the reader and provide realistic advice on practicing gynaecology