- Nadeem R. Abu-Rustum, MD, FACOG, FACS, Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College, Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Vice Chair, Technology Development, Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery,, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center,, New York, New York, USA
- Richard R. Barakat, MD, FACOG, FACS, Chief, Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery, Ronald O. Perelman Chair in Gynecologic Surgery, Vice Chairman, Clinical Activities, Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery,, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
- Douglas A. Levine, MD, FACOG, FACS, Head, Gynecology Research Laboratory, Associate Attending Surgeon, Gynecology Service, Department of Surgery,, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
A core text from the renowned Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Atlas of Procedures in Gynecologic Oncology, Third Edition covers the latest developments in both open and minimally invasive surgery.Supplemented with full-color photographs, practical explanations, and video clips, the book provides a detailed overview of the major gynecologic oncology procedures. With expanded topics to include more areas of interest, the book continues its tradition of emphasizing technique and surgical approach.
- Conization, surgical staging, vulvar surgery, and radical hysterectomy
- Paracentesis, chest tube placement, and central venous access
- Sentinel node mapping and minimally invasive lymph node dissection
- Intraoperative radiation therapy, inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy, and myocutaneous flap reconstruction
- Nerve-sparing approaches, laterally extended parametrectomy, and urinary diversion
- Peritoneal surface malignancy surgery, including heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy application
In addition to the commonly performed procedures, the book also illustrates many advanced techniques currently in use only at specialized centers throughout the world. This comprehensive atlas presents the insight of national and international leaders in gynecologic oncology, making it an essential resource for a broad-based audience, including medical students, those beginning their surgical training, and senior practitioners.
- Supplies credible, well-researched advice on procedures from a key team at the renowned Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Presents a new structure dividing chapters into individual procedures for simpler progression through the book
- Contains full-color photographs of the steps in each procedure
- Includes high-quality video clips to help trainees visualize the procedures in real time for their own practice
- Covers both open and laparoscopic procedures, preventive surgery, and newer techniques such as intraperitoneal chemotherapy and single-incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS)