- Geoffrey W Cundiff MD, FACOG, FACS, FRCPSC, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Ricardo Azziz MD, MPH, MBA, Professor, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and MedicinePresident, Georgia Health Sciences
- Robert E Bristow MD, MBA, FACS, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and GynecologyDirector, Gynecologic Oncology ServicesPhilip J. DiSaia Chair in Gynecologic OncologyUniversity of California, Irvine Healthcare
Gynecology has always been a surgical specialty, yet the breadth and complexity of gynecologic surgery continues to expand. Telinde’s Atlas of Gynecologic Surgery helps both the gynecologist in training and those already in practice to master this field. The text provides clear and detailed, step-by-step descriptions involved in performing techniques. Each prose is accompanied by meticulous, colorized drawings to maximize the surgeons’ understanding of the technique. Included with the text, is access to an online site. The online site provides fully searchable text and narrated videos from most chapters to demonstrate the techniques anytime, anywhere.
While specialists perform many of the procedures included in this text each year, in general practices these procedures are done relatively infrequently and consequently, these surgeons look for means to refresh their memories prior to performing them. This text will also serve as a treasured resource for new surgeons and residents who are just incorporating these procedures into their surgical repertoire.
- Addresses indications and advantages of each procedure
- Brief description of procedure of no more than 1 page long that lead surgeon through each essential elements of the procedure
- Companion website that provides 10-12 minutes of video for 17 of the commonly performed procedures
- Focus on surgical technique
- High-quality line drawings from an artist who specializes in pelvic surgery
- Operative notes for each procedure
- Step by step instructions along with line art