- Manoj Luthra, MS, DNB, MCh (Cardiothoracic Surgery), FIACS, Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Dean, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Manual of Paediatric Intensive Care is a point of care book on intensive care management of the paediatric cardiac patient. This fulfils the need for a compact reference manual which provides relevant practical information with drug doses and protocols for intensive care management of children with heart disease including postoperative treatment. This book is meant for the postgraduate students of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic surgery.
- Elaborates pre- and postoperative guidelines in the intensive care of pediatric cardiac surgery patients.
- An indispensible book for the cardiothoracic, pediatric and intensive care residents involved in the acute management of children with heart disease.
- Addresses the need of a reference manual for general surgery and medicine residents while on rotation in the cardiac care unit.
- Comprehensive chapters provide simple solutions and explanations to clinical problems rather than offering detailed physiological explanations.
- Drugs and doses have been given in tables for easy reference at the point of care.
- A practical book that can be read at leisure and referred to at the bedside.