- Dr. Michael Duchowny, Head Section for Developmental and Pediatric Neurology, Department of Neurology, Miami Children’s Hospital, Miami, FL
- Dr. Helen Cross, Neuroscience Unit, Institute of Child Health, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK.
- Dr. Alexis Arzimanoglou Head of the Epilepsy, Sleep, and Pediatric Neurophysiology Department, University Hospitals of Lyon (HCL) and Clinical Investigator, Translational and Integrative Group in Epilepsy Research (TIGER), Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, Lyon, France
Practical, easy-to-follow guidance on every aspect of the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy in children
350 full-color illustrations
Pediatric Epilepsy comprehensively addresses the needs of all physicians treating children with epilepsy – from the specialized pediatric epileptologist to the general pediatric practitioner. Written by a team of international experts, this full-color text offers a consistent, age-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of every type of seizure and epilepsy syndrome that may occur in childhood. The book’s primary focus is on specific treatment modalities, both surgical and medical.
- Algorithms and drug-dosage tables throughout emphasize patient care
- Includes first, second, and combination drug treatments with recommended starting ranges and other essential information
- Specific types of seizures and syndromes are organized by the age group in which they most often present
- Logically organized by age group, then by the seizures and syndromes that tend to first occur at those ages
- Co-morbidities section addresses illnesses caused by epilepsy treatment and illnesses that often present with epilepsy treatment
- International authorship by a team of five award-winning pediatric epileptologists
- 350 full-color illustrations