- Professor Sunil Sinha,Professor of Paediatrics & Neonatal Medicine, University of Durham & James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough
- Dr Lawrence Miall, Consultant, Neonatal Medicine, Leeds General Infirmary
- Dr Luke Jardine, Neonatologist, Mater Mothers’ Hospital, Brisbane and Senior Lecturer, University of Queensland
Essential Neonatal Medicine combines the depth and breadth of a textbook with the clarity and efficiency of a learning consolidator. Providing a solid reference for trainee doctors, neonatal nurses and midwives, this full colour edition has been extensively updated with a range of new illustrations, clinical tips, cross-references to Wiley title Nursing the Neonate (2010, 9781405149747), and end-of-chapter summaries for quick study or revision.
Essential Neonatal Medicine is ideal for all trainee health professionals experiencing neonatology for the first time and looking for a readable and comprehensive resource to support them. It is now accompanied by the enhanced Wiley Desktop Edition (the interactive digital version of the book featuring downloadable text and images, highlighting and note-taking facilities, book-marking, cross-referencing, in-text searching, and linking to references and glossary terms), and a companion website at www.essentialneonatalmed.com featuring figures from the book to download in PowerPoint, further reading, and self-test questions for each chapter.
New to This Edition
- Clinical tip boxes
- Opening and closing chapter summaries
- Cross-referencing with Wiley title Nursing the Neonate
- New material on neonatal consequences of maternal disease, congenital abnormalities, extreme preterm births and small for gestational age infants
- New chapter on developmental care and environment, containing more topics of relevance to nurses
Comprehensive without being overwhelming, this book provides an accessible and indispensible introduction to neonatal medicine for junior doctors, nurses and midwives.
Key features include:
- Depth of a textbook plus relevance of a revision guide; comprehensive yet concise
- Provides in-depth overview for all trainee medical professionals experiencing neonatology for the first time
- Contains new chapter on developmental care and environment
- Now in full colour