- Gary R Fleisher
- Stephen Ludwig MD Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine; Associate Physician-in-Chief, John H. and Hortense Cassel Jensen Endowed Chair, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, The Child
Now in its Sixth Edition, the best-selling Textbook of Pediatric Emergency Medicine is the most comprehensive textbook in this specialty. The editors are considered the founders of pediatric emergency medicine, and this text covers all pediatric emergencies and acute illnesses. All critical emergency information, including shock, resuscitation, and life-threatening conditions, are placed in the front of the book. More than 70 acute pediatric presentations are covered in a signs and symptoms section designed with side tabs for easy access.
This edition’s highlights include new chapters on palpitations, cystic fibrosis, travel related emergencies, and ultrasound and a new appendix on practice pathways. The medical, surgical, and trauma sections present topics in alphabetical order for easier access. The contributors have revised and updated every chapter and included contemporary references.
A companion website will offer the fully searchable text, plus online access to interactive practice pathways and journal articles from Pediatric Emergency Care.
- NEW! New chapters on palpitations, cystic fibrosis, travel related emergencies, and ultrasound
- NEW! New appendix on practice pathways
- NEW! Separate chapter on hand trauma
- NEW! Every chapter revised and updated
- NEW! Suggested readings from the current era of publications
- Diagnosis and treatment of life-threatening conditions at front of the book for easy access
- Popular signs and symptoms section
- Sedation and analgesia section, complete with avoidance of medication errors
- Over 150 diagnosis and treatment algorithms