- Jay R Harris MD Professor of Radiation Oncology, Harvard Medical School; Clinical and Educational Director, Joint Center for Radiation Therapy; Chief of Radiation Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston,
- Marc E Lippman
- C. Kent Osborne MD Director, Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center, Director, Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Professor of Medicine and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Dudley and Tina Sharp Chair for Cancer Research, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Monica Morrow MD Chief, Breast Service, Anne Burnett Windfohr Chair of Clinical Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center; Professor of Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY
Completely revised and updated, and now in full color throughout, the Fourth Edition of this definitive reference is a must for all clinicians who treat breast diseases. Leading experts summarize the current knowledge of breast diseases, including their clinical features, management, underlying biologies, and epidemiologies. In addition to complete coverage of malignant breast diseases, benign diseases are discussed in relation to subsequent breast cancer development. The book reviews all major clinical trials and summarizes the information they provide on early detection and management of breast cancer. Close attention is also given to the increasing importance of molecular biology and genetics in this field. This edition features more than thirty new contributors, fourteen new or completely rewritten chapters, and more clinically oriented chapters.
A companion Website will offer the fully searchable text and an image bank.
Also included with this edition is the Anatomical Chart Company’s Breast Anatomy and Disorders Pocket Guide. This durable, portable folding pocket guide provides a visual and textual overview of breast anatomy, disorders, and breast self-examination. With a write-on, wipe-off laminated surface, this guide is perfect for the on-the-go practitioner to show patients, caregivers, and families.
- NEW! Overall increase in number of clinical chapters and commensurate decrease in basic biology
- NEW! Fourteen (14) new or reconstituted chapters: 36 new contributors
- NEW! Chapters will contain “Key Points” summary (similar to Greenfield’s)
- NEW! Book will print in full color
- Comprehensive text on breast disease
- Covers all aspects of breast disease
- Contributors are top experts in the field