- John P Cloherty MD Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts; Associate Neonatologist, Neonatology Program at Harvard, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Children
- Eric C Eichenwald MD Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics; Chief, Division of Neonatology; Vice-Chair, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Anne R Hansen MD, MPH Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School; Medical Director, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Children&rsquo;s Hospital Boston, , Boston, Massachusetts&
- Ann R Stark MD Mildred Stahlman Division of Neonatology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital, Nashville, TN
This edition of the Manual of Neonatal Care has been completely updated and extensively revised to reflect the changes in fetal, perinatal, and neonatal care that have occurred since the sixth edition. This portable text covers current and practical approaches to evaluation and management of conditions encountered in the fetus and the newborn, as practiced in high volume clinical services that include contemporary prenatal and postnatal care of infants with routine, as well as complex medical and surgical problems.
Written by expert authors from the Harvard Program in Neonatology and other major neonatology programs across the United States, the manual’s outline format gives readers rapid access to large amounts of valuable information quickly. The Children’s Hospital Boston Neonatology Program at Harvard has grown to include 57 attending neonatologists and 18 fellows who care for more than 28,000 newborns delivered annually.
The book also includes the popular appendices on topics such as common NICU medication guidelines, the effects of maternal drugs on the fetus, and the use of maternal medications during lactation. Plus, there are intubation/sedation guidelines and a guide to neonatal resuscitation on the inside covers that provide crucial information in a quick and easy format.
- Practical recommendations presented in an easy-to-use format
- State-of-the-art treatment recommendations from top-ranked specialists
- New guidelines for neonatal resuscitation
- Table of Contents has been simplified and reorganized